Prague Cake Recipe: This decadent chocolate cake with chocolate cream and ganache is a popular Eastern European dessert | Cakes/Cupcakes
Prague cake was invented in Moscow by a pastry chef from the restaurant in Prague. But the decadent chocolate cake recipe with chocolate cream and ganache is now a popular dessert throughout Eastern Europe, including Ukraine.
Similar to famous Sacher pie cake Created in Austria, this chocolate cake recipe has a lot of steps and takes a little time. But once you put that first moist, sweet and creamy bite in your mouth, every minute will be worth it. Be sure to share!
Cuisine: Eastern European
Preparation time: 1 hour (approximately)
Cooking time: 1 hour (approximately)
Total duration: 2 hours
Servings: Makes 1 cake
- 3 1/2 sticks of softened butter (400 grams)
- 8 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (3 ounces)
- chocolate shavings or grated chocolate, for garnish (optional)
Here’s how to do it:
- To make the cake, combine cocoa powder, coffee beans and water. Stir until dissolved.
- Put the egg yolks in one bowl and the egg whites in another bowl. Whisk together the egg yolks and caster sugar. Add oil and whisk to combine. Add the cocoa-coffee mixture and stir.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add mixture to cocoa mixture and stir until combined.
- Add a pinch of salt to the egg whites and beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the batter. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into a buttered and floured mold round cake pan. Bake in preheated 300 degree F oven for about 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove the cake and let it cool completely. Cut the cake into four layers.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk and heavy cream to make the soaking liquid. Pour the mixture over the cake layers.
- To make the chocolate cream, beat the egg yolks together in a saucepan, then add the water and sweetened condensed milk. Cook mixture over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and thick. Remove from fire. Add chocolate chips and stir until melted and combined. Cool the mixture to room temperature. Put the butter in the bowl of a stand mixer and run at medium speed. Slowly start adding the cooled chocolate until it is completely mixed.
- To make the chocolate ganache, put the cream and the chocolate chips in a saucepan. Cook over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Costs.
- Put one of the cake layers on a serving platter. Top with a little chocolate cream, then add another layer of cake. Repeat layers. Frost the entire cake with the remaining chocolate cream. Drizzle or spread the ganache on top. Add chocolate shavings or grated chocolate on top and/or on top, if desired. Refrigerate the cake until ready to serve.
Need help converting baking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on facebook to get daily recipes in your News Feed. Inspire and be inspired.
Related products on Amazon that we think you might like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.