Creative residency Prague-UNESCO City of Literature 2023 for writers and translators
Deadline: August 31, 2022
Do you have a mind-blowing project you would like to work on during your residency in Prague? Apply for the Prague-City of UNESCO Literature Creative Residency 2023 for Writers and Translators.
The Prague City of Literature project offers residences for foreign writers and translators. There are six residencies available for 2023, each lasting two months.
- Prague City of Literature reimburses the resident for a return ticket, provides free accommodation and a stipend of 15,000 CZK (about 600 euros) per month.
- The candidate must have a cultural interest in the location;
- Basic knowledge of the English language;
- At least one published literary work (not a private edition) or two broadcast or published radio plays or one performed or published theater play or at least one translated work by a Czech author;
- Willingness to participate in local literary life (author readings, meetings with students, conferences, activities organized by the host institution or linked to cultural events in the city);
- Work on the writings during the stay;
- The author who has already received a grant can no longer apply;
- The resident undertakes to provide the Prague Municipal Library, during the stay in residence or at the latest within 2 months of its end, with the text inspired by the stay that the Prague Municipal Library, through the project “Prague City of Literature,” will be permitted to use to promote Prague residences. Prague Municipal Library will enter into a license agreement with the resident for the purpose of using the text in electronic and printed form.
Here are the materials for the application:
- Completed online application form
- Optional: excerpt from a published text (in Czech or English) or sample of a translated text in Czech (2 pages)
For more information, visit Creation residency.